Medicine Overview of Peristil Suspension
How to use Peristil Suspension
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. Peristil 1mg Suspension is to be taken empty stomach.
How Peristil Suspension works
Peristil 1mg Suspension indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
In Depth Information on Peristil Suspension
Expert advice for Peristil Suspension
- Do not take cisapride if you have history of irregular heartbeats, heart disease, kidney disease or lung disease.
- Stop taking cisapride and contact your doctor immediately if you faint, become dizzy or develop any other unusual symptoms.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Never take more than the recommended dose of cisapride as it can adversely affect normal heartbeat of an individual.
- Do not drink alcohol or take medicines called benzodiazepines along with cisapride as they can cause excessive drowsiness.
Peristil Suspension related warnings
Special precautions for Peristil Suspension
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Peristil 1mg Suspension may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Peristil 1mg Suspe+more
nsion during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Peristil 1mg Suspension does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Peristil 1mg Suspension is probably unsafe to use in patient+more
s with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Peristil 1mg Suspension should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Peristil 1mg Suspension may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Cisapride, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Peristil Suspension
Frequently asked questions about Cisapride
It takes approximately 15-30 minutes for Peristil to act
Yes, Peristil is banned in India and many other countries around the globe
No. Nexium is brand (proprietary) name for esomeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor drug used to prevent excessive stomach acid secretion, which further prevents reflux.