Information about Ciclosporin
Ciclosporin is used for prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, bone marrow transplantation, nephrotic syndrome, uveitis and Atopic dermatitis.
How Ciclosporin works
Ciclosporin is an immunosuppressant. It works by suppressing your body’s immune response.
Common side effects of Ciclosporin
Headache, High blood pressure, Renal dysfunction, Tremors, Increased glucose level in blood, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Acne, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased levels of blood fat, Decreased appetite, Increased uric acid level in blood, Electrolyte imbalance, Convulsion, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Gastrointestinal disturbance, Gingival hyperplasia, Stomach ulcer, Abnormal liver function, Excessive hair growth on face, Hypertrichosis (excessive hair growth), Muscle cramp, Muscle pain, Fever, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Ciclosporin
Panimun BioralPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹161 to ₹69814 variant(s)
₹144 to ₹49744 variant(s)
IminoralEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹135 to ₹41364 variant(s)
CyclomuneSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹365 to ₹5003 variant(s)
₹174 to ₹2633 variant(s)
Nano TearsSunways India Pvt Ltd
₹381 to ₹4392 variant(s)
₹144 to ₹48564 variant(s)
Arpimune MERPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹110 to ₹35504 variant(s)
Cyclo TearsEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Ciclosporin
- Ciclosporin is used to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients.
- It is also used to treat arthritis and immune disorders of the eyes, lungs, muscles, skin, nerves, and blood vessels.
- It may take 3 to 4 months for the medication to work. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to check the levels of blood cells in your blood. Inform your doctor if you experience unexplained bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever or general illness.
- Your doctor may monitor your kidney function regularly. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day to help with your kidney function.
- Do not stop taking Ciclosporin without talking to your doctor first.