Information about Cisapride
Available Medicine for Cisapride
- ₹59 to ₹68Tas Med India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹94Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹34Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹9000Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹31Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35Organon (India) Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cisapride
- Do not take cisapride if you have history of irregular heartbeats, heart disease, kidney disease or lung disease.
- Stop taking cisapride and contact your doctor immediately if you faint, become dizzy or develop any other unusual symptoms.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Never take more than the recommended dose of cisapride as it can adversely affect normal heartbeat of an individual.
- Do not drink alcohol or take medicines called benzodiazepines along with cisapride as they can cause excessive drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Cisapride
Q. How long does it take cisapride to act?
It takes approximately 15-30 minutes for cisapride to act
Q. Is cisapride banned?
Yes, cisapride is banned in India and many other countries around the globe
Q. Does Nexium contain cisapride?
No. Nexium is brand (proprietary) name for esomeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor drug used to prevent excessive stomach acid secretion, which further prevents reflux.