Substitutes for PALOTRON INJECTION
PALNOX 0.25MG INJECTION
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹27.63/ML of injection
PALZEN 0.25MG INJECTION
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹28.0/ML of injection
PALONEW 0.25MG INJECTION
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹28.09/ML of injection
EMECAD 0.25MG INJECTION
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30.0/ML of injection
INSTANTINO 0.25MG INJECTION
Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹32.0/ML of injection
Medicine Overview of PALOTRON INJECTION
Side effects of PALOTRON INJECTION
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation.
How to use PALOTRON INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How PALOTRON INJECTION works
Palotron 0.25mg injection inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on PALOTRON INJECTION
Expert advice for PALOTRON INJECTION
- Take Palonosetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Palonosetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Palonosetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Palonosetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Palonosetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Special precautions for PALOTRON 0.25MG INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Palotron 0.25mg injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Palotron 0.25mg injection is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP, HYTRAM 100MG INJECTION, POSTADOL 100MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Palonosetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for PALOTRON 0.25MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Palonosetron
Q. What is palonosetron HCl?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Q. How does palonosetron work?
Palonosetron belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.