Medicine Overview of Palotron Injection
Side effects of Palotron Injection
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation.
How to use Palotron Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Palotron Injection works
Palotron 0.25mg injection is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on Palotron Injection
Expert advice for Palotron Injection
- Take Palotron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Palotron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Palotron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Palotron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Palotron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Special precautions for Palotron 0.25mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Palotron 0.25mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Palotron 0.25mg Injection is probably safe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Palotron 0.25mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, t+more
ired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Palotron 0.25mg Injection is safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. No dose adjustment of Palotron 0.25mg Injection is recommended....
Palotron 0.25mg Injection is safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. No dose adjustment of Palotron 0.25mg Injection is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Tramatech 100mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Palonosetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Palotron 0.25mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Palonosetron
Palotron hydrochloride or Palotron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Palotron belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.
Substitutes for Palotron Injection
Palnox 0.25mg Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹27.63/ml of Injection
Palzen 0.25mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹28.0/ml of Injection
Palonew 0.25mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹29.19/ml of Injection
Palostar 0.25mg Injection
₹29.8/ml of Injection
Emecad 0.25mg Injection
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30.0/ml of Injection