Information about Palonosetron
How palonosetron works
Palonosetron is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Common side effects of palonosetron
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation
Available Medicine for Palonosetron
- ₹209Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹138Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹160Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹142Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹159United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Anvik Biotech1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Palonosetron
- Take Palonosetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Palonosetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Palonosetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Palonosetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Palonosetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Frequently asked questions for Palonosetron
Q. What is Palonosetron HCl?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or Palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Q. How does Palonosetron work?
Palonosetron belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.