Medicine Overview of Palnox Injection
Side effects of Palnox Injection
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation.
How to use Palnox Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Palnox Injection works
Palnox 0.25mg injection inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on Palnox Injection
Expert advice for Palnox Injection
- Take Palnox 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Palnox, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Palnox is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Palnox if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Palnox in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Special precautions for Palnox 0.25mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Palnox 0.25mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Palnox 0.25mg Injection is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Palnox 0.25mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Palnox 0.25mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Palnox 0.25mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup, Hytram 100mg Injection, Postadol 100mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Palonosetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Palnox 0.25mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Palonosetron
Palnox hydrochloride or Palnox is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Palnox belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.
Substitutes for Palnox Injection
Palotron 0.25mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹19.23/ml of Injection
Palzen 0.25mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹28.0/ml of Injection
Palonew 0.25mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹28.09/ml of Injection
Emecad 0.25mg Injection
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30.0/ml of Injection
Instantino 0.25mg Injection
Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹32.0/ml of Injection