Medicine Overview of Oncogem Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Allergic reaction, Breathlessness, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased liver enzymes, Anemia, Influenza like symptoms, Blood in urine, Skin rash, Protein in urine.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Oncogem 1.4gm injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Oncogem Injection
- Not recommended in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or feel weak and pale as this could be a sign of kidney dysfunction; unexplained new or worsening dyspnea or evidence of severe pulmonary toxicity.
- Take precautions if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as this medicine contains some amount of sodium.
- You should undergo blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with persons who receive them.
- Alcohol is an ingredient of this infusion. If you are suffering from alcoholism or epilepsy, you may have serious side effects. Other medication taken at this time may have altered effects.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies.
- They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or use machinery after taking this drug as it may cause sleepiness which may worsen with alcohol use.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Oncogem 1.4gm Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Oncogem 1.4gm Injection is usafe to use during lactation.
ata suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable.
Oncogem 1.4gm Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Oncogem 1.4gm Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Kidney function tests are advised before taking this medicine and regular monitoring is also recommended after the treatment.
There is limited information available on the use of Oncogem
1.4gm Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Oncogem 1.4gm Injection
Oncogem is not a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug
Yes, Oncogem has hair loss and abdominal pain as side effects. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience such side effects
Yes, Oncogem is a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent
Yes, Oncogem is used to treat pancreatic cancer.
User Submitted Feedback For Oncogem 1.4gm Injection
What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How much was the improvement? What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Oncogem 1.4gm Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Oncogem 1.4gm Injection: ENP, RJH, MMS, BTM, SWA, GTK, PNT, DLP, HEX, FGH, SAT, PPR, AGT, MOM, RSS, PEN, NWP, SHM, USF, BSN, PTS, OWP, PLT, IAD, DYG, MAM, JVN, RPP, OLT, BMJ, AYU, NNH, HRV, HIP, 9T9, INC, AVN, AAR, ARD, SJP, HBV, WSI, LCC, SSA, SBL, ATL, EQN, EMB, SHP, DEL, GBL, JMJ, PSP, OHM, RUS, NVY, RSA, GTC, BLP, AAY, IPL, LHA, BDN, HGI, SBA, GNC, ADT, GPT, ZVP, DFP, JIV, DHR, DDR, ATP, RHW, DPP, RKS, SDM, KHH, MAK, STA, NDP, XPS, OIP, NVL, MSD, SAF, MPC, MAX, BIO