Medicine Overview of NS Infusion
NS 3% Infusion is used in short term fluid replacement after trauma, dehydration
and irrigation solution for eye/nose.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
NS 3% Infusion works by replacing fluid loss.
In Depth Information on NS Infusion
- Your electrolyte levels in blood and other parameters (such as blood pressure etc.) will be monitored regularly as you receive intravenous sodium chloride.
- Tell your doctor if you have disorders of the kidneys, lungs, problems of the heart related to impaired pumping of blood (congestive cardiac disorders), high blood pressure or pregnancy-related blood pressure problems (pre-eclampsia), fluid retention problems or swelling in hands, ankles or feet.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any unwanted swelling, trouble in breathing, muscle cramps, and/or weakness, fits, nausea, vomiting or stomach pain.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if you are allergic to sodium chloride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to patients with excess fluid or sodium in the space outside body cells (extracellular hyper hydration or hypervolemia).
- Do not give to patients with abnormally low levels of sodium or chloride in blood (hyponatremia, hypochloremia), fluid and sodium retention problems or edema (swelling).
- Do not give to patients with congestive heart failure (heart failure resulting in fluid build-up in lungs and other body tissues), severe liver and kidney functioning problems.
NS Infusion related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
NS 3% Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of NS 3% Infusion during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
NS 3% Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
NS 3% Infusion should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of NS 3% Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
NS 3% Infusion is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of NS 3% Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of NS 3% Infusion, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For NS 3% Infusion
What were the side-effects while using NS 3% Infusion? How do you take NS Infusion? How much was the improvement? Please rate NS 3% Infusion on price What are you using NS Infusion for?
Irrigation solution for eye/nose
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for NS 3% Infusion. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about NS Infusion
Q. Is sodium chloride soluble in water?
Sodium chloride is soluble in water
Ns is a neutral salt (neither acidic nor basic)
Ns is an example of ionic bonding, where the molecule is formed by ionization of participating atoms and attraction between them
Normally, Ns does not have an expiry date if stored under appropriate conditions
Ns is ionic, which is considered highly polar
Ns does not possess antioxidant property.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver NS 3% Infusion: MDO, DGN, HEX, PEN, OIP, SAF, DLP, MLC, ATP, OWP, AYM, RHL, PNT, EVP, WHL, TFP, GBL, SBL, MMS, AAR, STA, RSS, CLT, VDH, 9T9, MAK, MDH, JVN, GHR, GTK, SGH, RKS, QTM, BMJ, KHH, BAL, NNH, SRG, RUS, ESY, INC, SHD, HAT, DFP, PLT, HIP, SWP, HTS, EMB, BAP, SJP, AYU, KHC, ENP, SYN, RJH, ZEL, DPL, GPT, RSA, HGI, DPP, TRP, TNH, BDN, SBA, JSL, ARD, RWP, SLN, SWA, JIV, ABP, IAD, VNS, AAY, GPP, RDR, KMC, ATL, HBV, MSD, HNP, ZVP, NXG, SGC, LCC, BHM, PMA, DVH, GNC, BIO, PPR, JVO, BSN, UMP, PTI, BHP, HPC, FGH, NVL, SCH, PWN, OHM, HMP, SHP, GTC, OLT, PVP, LHA, RPP, RHW, MAM, DHR, DYG, NDP, USF, NTB, AGT, P2P, SHC, NVY, ANT, HSP, EQN, THP, SDM, TOM, NSL, BTM, ADT, HZF, SVH, AMR, PRN, BLE, IPL, RPI, WSI, SSA, VRS, QLF, MAX, MPC, BBS, RDH