Medicine Overview of Nicoz Tablet
Side effects of Nicoz Tablet
How to use Nicoz Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Nicoz 3mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Nicoz Tablet works
Nicoz 3mg tablet is an anticoagulant. It acts by preventing the formation of harmful blood clots. Although it does not dissolve the existing blood clots, it inhibits them from growing larger and causing serious problems.
In Depth Information on Nicoz Tablet
Expert advice for Nicoz Tablet
- Nicoz should be taken at the same time of the day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Common side effects are bleeding. Inform your doctor if get blood in the urine, black stools, bruising easily, nosebleeds, bleeding from your gums, bleeding from cuts that take a long time to stop, and heavier than normal menstrual bleeding.
- Requires regular blood test, such as an INR, to make sure Nicoz is working correctly.
- If you cut yourself, apply firm pressure to the site for at least five minutes using a clean, dry dressing. Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency if you are unable to stop bleeding.
- Foods rich in vitamin K may affect your INR result. Such foods include green leafy vegetables, liver, egg yolks, cereals containing wheat bran and oats, avocado, olive oil and broccoli.
- Nicoz should not be used in the first and third trimester of pregnancy. You may breast feed while taking Nicoz.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Special precautions for Nicoz 3mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Nicoz 3mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Nicoz 3mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Nicoz 3mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Nicoz 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Nicoz 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Nicoz 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Nicoz 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Nicoz 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Nicoz 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Nicoz 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Nicoz 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Nolvadex 10mg Tablet, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, Pratham 200mg Suspension, Azibig 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Acenocoumarol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Nicoz 3mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Acenocoumarol
Nicoz is an anticoagulant drug or blood thinning drug
Q. What is it used for?
It is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g. Atrial fibrillation(disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart-valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Q. Acenocoumarolis Sintrom?
Yes. Sintrom is a trade name for active drug acenocoumaro
Nicoz Sandoz is a trade name for active drug Nicoz available in some countries
Nicoz is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g.Atrial fibrillation (disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism).It stops formation of blood clots by blocking the effect of vitamin K, which is essential in the biological process of clot formation.