Medicine Overview of Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
Uses of Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin redness.
How to use Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops works
Nicogenta 0.25% eye/ear drops is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
Expert advice for Nicogenta Eye/Ear Drops
- Inform your doctor if you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
- Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you develop irritation, sensitization or a superinfection
- Avoid getting this medication into your eyes, nose and mouth. If this happens wash your face thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gentamicin or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops is probably safe to use during+more
lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops may cause blurring of your vis+more
ion for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Nicogen+more
ta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Nicogenta 0.25% Eye/Ear Drops
Frequently asked questions for Gentamicin Topical
Q. Is gentamicin topical a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin topical does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Does gentamicin topical cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin topical can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes.
Substitutes for Nicogenta
No substitutes found for this medicine