Medicine Overview of Navelbine Injection
Side effects of Navelbine Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Fatigue, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Fever, Anemia, Bleeding, Constipation.
How to use Navelbine Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Navelbine Injection works
Navelbine 10mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Navelbine Injection
Expert advice for Navelbine Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression); liver problems or have had radiotherapy around the liver.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with people who receive them.
- Use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 3 months after it to avoid pregnancy.
- Men should not father a child while on this therapy and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucosa as vinorelbine may cause irritation. Thoroughly wash the skin area, in case of skin contact with the medicine.
- Take vinorelbine preferably with a light meal to reduce nausea. Soft capsule gels of vinorelbine should not be taken with hot fluids, as the medicine may quickly dissolve.
- Vinorelbine is not recommended in children below 18 years.
Special precautions for Navelbine 10mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Navelbine 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Navelbine 10mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation.+more
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Navelbine 10mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Navelbine 10mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Navelbine 10mg Injection is recommended.+more
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease....
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Navelbine 10mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Navelbine 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while these patients are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while these patients are taking this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for Navelbine 10mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Vinorelbine
Yes, Navelbine is a vesicant
Navelbine is effective for the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor for your condition
Navelbine is administered as an intravenous infusion
Navelbine has hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effects that you may observe while on therapy.
Substitutes for Navelbine Injection
Neoben 10mg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹1161.25/ml of Injection