Medicine Overview of NAVELBINE INJECTION
Side effects of NAVELBINE INJECTION
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Fatigue, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Fever, Anemia, Bleeding, Constipation.
How to use NAVELBINE INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How NAVELBINE INJECTION works
Navelbine 10mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on NAVELBINE INJECTION
Expert advice for NAVELBINE INJECTION
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression); liver problems or have had radiotherapy around the liver.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with people who receive them.
- Use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 3 months after it to avoid pregnancy.
- Men should not father a child while on this therapy and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucosa as vinorelbine may cause irritation. Thoroughly wash the skin area, in case of skin contact with the medicine.
- Take vinorelbine preferably with a light meal to reduce nausea. Soft capsule gels of vinorelbine should not be taken with hot fluids, as the medicine may quickly dissolve.
- Vinorelbine is not recommended in children below 18 years.
Special precautions for NAVELBINE 10MG INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Navelbine 10mg injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Navelbine 10mg injection is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for NAVELBINE 10MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Vinorelbine
Q. Is vinorelbine a vesicant?
Yes, vinorelbine is a vesicant
Q. Is vinorelbine effective?
Vinorelbine is effective for the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor for your condition
Q. How is vinorelbine administered?
Vinorelbine is administered as an intravenous infusion
Q. Does vinorelbine cause hair loss?
Vinorelbine has hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effects that you may observe while on therapy.