Drug interaction for MOXOCARD
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Weigh benefit versus risk during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unsafe during breast-feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MOXOCARDMoxonidine(0.2 mg)
Moxocard - 0.2 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
How it works
Moxocard - 0.2 tablet belongs to a group of medicines called antihypertensives. It relaxes and widens the blood vessel which helps to lower blood pressure.
Common side effects
Nausea, Neck pain, Nervousness, Back pain, Decreased blood pressure, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fainting, Headache, Altered heart rate, Indigestion, Insomnia, Rash, Itching, Ringing in ear, Sleepiness, Swelling, Vomiting, Weakness
SUBSTITUTES for MOXOCARD
- MOXOVAS - 0.2 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.44/tabletRs. 54.40save 2% more per tablet
- MOXILONG 0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5.64/tabletRs. 56.42pay 2% more per tablet
- MOXCENT 0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 6.03/tabletRs. 60.25pay 9% more per tablet
Expert advice for MOXOCARD
- Do not take moxonidine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to moxonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take moxonidine if you have problem in heart rate; if you are suffering from heart failure; or serious kidney problems.
- Avoid using moxonidine if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not give moxonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking moxonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking moxonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
Frequently asked questions for MOXOCARD
Q. What is moxonidine tablets/ what is moxonidine used for?
Moxonidine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Q. Is moxonidine a diuretic?
It is not a diuretic.
Q. How does moxonidine works?
Moxonidine works by making your blood vessels relax and widen. This helps to lower your blood pressure