Information about Tizanidine
Tizanidine is used for muscle relaxation. It treats muscle spasms which may occur in diseases affecting the nervous system, such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, or due to a disease or injury of head, brain, or spine.
How Tizanidine works
Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of Tizanidine
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth, Weakness, Slow heart rate, Hypotension (low blood pressure), Abnormal liver function tests
Available Medicine for Tizanidine
TizanSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹100 to ₹1643 variant(s)
SirdaludNovartis India Ltd
₹61 to ₹892 variant(s)
ContizConcertina Pharma Pvt Ltd
TizafreeWellWorth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
TizakindIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
TizalideOrdain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd
TidiredRedson Laboratories Pvt Ltd
TizonecRaddison Health Care Pvt Ltd
MyodineBangalore Antibiotics & Biologicals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Tizanidine
- Tizanidine provides relief from rigidity, tension and stiffness in muscles (spasticity) that may occur due to various conditions affecting the nervous system.
- Tizanidine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Tizanidine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor if you've been on it for a long time.