Information about Moxonidine
Moxonidine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Moxonidine works
Moxonidine is an anti-hypertensive medication. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of Moxonidine
Dryness in mouth, Headache, Rash, Dizziness, Back pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Moxonidine
MoxovasMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹79 to ₹962 variant(s)
MoxilongMicro Labs Ltd
₹73 to ₹1082 variant(s)
₹80 to ₹1092 variant(s)
MoxcentTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹87 to ₹1262 variant(s)
₹79 to ₹1062 variant(s)
MoxdyneANT Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹82 to ₹1252 variant(s)
MoxonexNexkem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹80 to ₹992 variant(s)
₹65 to ₹1032 variant(s)
MoxicheckTas Med India Pvt Ltd
₹104 to ₹1322 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moxonidine
- Moxonidine lowers your blood pressure and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent stroke and heart attack.
- Eat healthy (low-sodium diet), exercise, quit smoking, limit alcohol intake, and reduce stress along with taking Moxonidine.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Moxonidine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.