food interaction for MILRINEON
alcohol interaction for MILRINEON
pregnancy interaction for MILRINEON
lactation interaction for MILRINEON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MILRINEON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MILRINEON
- MILICOR 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 104.05/ML of injectionRs. 1040.52save 13% more per ML of injection
- MYOLONG 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 3.48/ML of injectionRs. 34.83save 97% more per ML of injection
- RENOTA 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Molekule India Pvt LtdRs. 91/ML of injectionRs. 910save 24% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR MILRINEON
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of kidney problems, low potassium levels (hypokalemia), low blood pressure (hypotension), irregular heartbeat, heart valve disorders, myocardial infarction, heart attack or other heart problems.
- You may be carefully monitored for blood pressure, heart rate, clinical state, ECG, fluid balance, electrolytes and renal function (i.e. serum creatinine).
- The medicine cannot be given to children in case of an unstable heart rhythm and blood pressure.
- Tell your doctor if your child has kidney problems, is a preterm infant or has a low birth weight or if your child has a certain heart problem known as Patent Ductus Arteriosus (a connection between 2 major blood vessels (aorta and pulmonary artery) which persists though it should be closed).
- Consult your doctor if you are taking digoxin, diuretics,medications used to treat high blood pressure or chest pain (angina).
- Seek medical advice, if you see signs such as feeling dizzy, lightheaded or fainting, fat or uneven heartbeat or chest pain after administration of milrinone.
- Take precautions while using milrinone as it may decrease blood pressure (hypotension).
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MILRINEON
Q. How does milrinone decrease preload and afterload/ does it need a central line/ does milrinone come in pill form?
Milrinone belongs to a class of medicines called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It inhibits the enzyme phosphodiesterase-3, which eventually increases the contractility in the heart tissue, thereby, increasing the capacity of the heart to pump blood effectively. It is given as a drip (infusion) in the vein (intravenously) preferably via a central line. It does not come in the form of pill/tablet
Q. Does milrinone cause hypotension/ tachycardia/ increased heart rate/ increase blood pressure/ lower or decrease blood pressure?
Milrinone may lower/decrease your blood pressure (hypotension) and cause tachycardia and increased heart rate. It does not increase blood pressure.