food interaction for MIKACIN
alcohol interaction for MIKACIN
pregnancy interaction for MIKACIN
lactation interaction for MIKACIN
medicine interaction for MIKACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MIKACIN
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR MIKACIN 250 MG INJECTION
Patients taking MIKACIN 250 MG INJECTION
- 86%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR MIKACIN
- AMIKAMAC 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.18/ML of injectionRs. 32.36pay 3% more per ML of injection
- MACMIKA 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.18/ML of injectionRs. 32.36pay 3% more per ML of injection
- MBKACIN 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 16.10/ML of injectionRs. 32.20pay 2% more per ML of injection
- AMICIN 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 32.30/injectionRs. 32.30pay 105% more per injection
- OMNIKACIN 250 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 16.18/ML of injectionRs. 32.35pay 3% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR MIKACIN
- If you have a kidney problem, or hearing difficulties or tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MIKACIN
Q. Is amikacin sulfa, penicillin or an aminoglycoside drug?
Amikacin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a semisynthetic aminoglycoside
Q. Is amikacin dialyzable?
Yes, amikacin is a dialyzable drug
Q. Is amikacin ototoxic?
Yes, amikacin is ototoxic
Q. Is its injection painful?
Its injection is painful. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Does amikacin need to be refrigerated?
Amikacin should be stored at or below 25°C. It should not be frozen
Q. What organisms does amikacin cover?
Amikacin is mainly effective against aerobic gram-negative bacteria such as pseudomonas as well as some gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus including methicillin-resistant strains but it is not the drug of choice for infections due to staphylococcus bacteria.