food interaction for MEZOCAR LA
alcohol interaction for MEZOCAR LA
pregnancy interaction for MEZOCAR LA
lactation interaction for MEZOCAR LA
Avoid Mezocar la 300 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEZOCAR LA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEZOCAR LA
- TEGRITAL CR 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 3.84/tabletRs. 38.42pay 131% more per tablet
- ZEN RETARD 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.50pay 47% more per tablet
- VERSITOL RETARD 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 2.14/tabletRs. 21.40pay 28% more per tablet
- CARBATOL CR 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.30/tabletRs. 22.97pay 38% more per tablet
- CARBACONTIN 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.91/tabletRs. 19.10pay 15% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy Dev MukherjiMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for MEZOCAR LA
- Do not perform activities that require alertness during the first week of taking this drug.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you develop blistering or skin rashes.
- Consult your doctor if you show signs of confusion, persistent abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes/skin, easy bruising.
- Carbamazepine can make birth control pills or implants less effective. Use a barrier form of birth control (such as a condom or diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Carbamazepine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for MEZOCAR LA
Q.Is carbamazepine /Tegretol / Zeptol safe?
Carbamazepine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is carbamazepine a controlled drug/ an opiate?
No. Carbamazepine is not a controlled drug or an opiate
Q.Is carbamazepine an enzyme inducer?
Yes. It is an enzyme inducer. Please check with your doctor if you are taking other medications, which may get altered when taken together
Q.Is carbamazepine an antidepressant/ MAOI/ benzodiazepine?
Carbamazepine is an antidepressant. It is not an MAOI or benzodiazepine
Q.Can I take paracetamol/ Tylenol/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ Advil/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ Nyquil/naproxen/ oral contraceptives with carbamazepine?
All the above mentioned drugs may interact with carbamazepine. Please consult with your doctor before taking this medication. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does carbamazepine cause weight loss or weight gain/ hyponatremia/ help anxiety/depression/ gingival hyperplasia make you tired/ cause high blood pressure?
Carbamazepine causing the above mentioned side effects are commonly or rarely observed. It is not known to cause gingival hyperplasia and high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.