food interaction for MEROMAC
alcohol interaction for MEROMAC
pregnancy interaction for MEROMAC
lactation interaction for MEROMAC
medicine interaction for MEROMAC
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MEROMAC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MEROMAC
- MEROTROL 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 988/injectionRs. 988pay 67% more per injection
- VALUPENEM 1000 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 399.50/ML of injectionRs. 799save 33% more per ML of injection
- KITPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 809.52/ML of injectionRs. 809.52pay 37% more per ML of injection
- MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 502.06/injectionRs. 502.06save 15% more per injection
- MEROSURE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 600/injectionRs. 600pay 1% more per injection
Expert advice FOR MEROMAC
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MEROMAC
Q. Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q. Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q. Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.