food interaction for MERIWOK
alcohol interaction for MERIWOK
pregnancy interaction for MERIWOK
lactation interaction for MERIWOK
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MERIWOK
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MERIWOK
- MEROTEC 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 1285.71/injectionRs. 1285.71save 70% more per injection
- MEROCRIT 2000MG INJECTION(30 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 140/ML of injectionRs. 4200save 97% more per ML of injection
- MERROBE 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3600/injectionRs. 3600save 17% more per injection
- RUAJ 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)La Renon Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3761.87/injectionRs. 3761.87save 14% more per injection
- PENMER 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 3981.07/injectionRs. 3981.07save 8% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MERIWOK
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MERIWOK
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.