Medicine Overview of Megval Injection
Uses of Megval Injection
Megval 50mg Injection is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Side effects of Megval Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Anemia, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count.
How to use Megval Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Megval Injection works
Megval 50mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Megval Injection
Expert advice for Megval Injection
- Melphalan to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
- You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
- Melphalan may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking melphalan.
- Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
- Use of melphalan is not recommended in children.
- Use with melphalan extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
- Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
Special precautions for Megval 50mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Megval 50mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Megval 50mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation. Dat+more
a suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
It is not known whether Megval 50mg Injection alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Megval 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patient+more
s with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Megval 50mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Megval+more
50mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Melphalan, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Megval 50mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Melphalan
Megval is not a vesicant but an anti-cancer drug
Megval is given by oral or intravenous route; dosing varies by purpose and route of administration as well as patient weight
Megval causes hair loss as one of the side effects. but cause for liver damage and neuropathy is not known
Megval belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
Substitutes for Megval Injection
ALKACEL 50 MG INJECTION
Celon Laboratories Ltd