food interaction for MEGAPLAT
alcohol interaction for MEGAPLAT
pregnancy interaction for MEGAPLAT
lactation interaction for MEGAPLAT
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MEGAPLAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MEGAPLAT
- CELDACH 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 2500/injectionRs. 2500save 36% more per injection
- OXIPLAT 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4623.69/ML of injectionRs. 4623.69pay 18% more per ML of injection
- OXITOZ 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5260.77/injectionRs. 5260.77pay 34% more per injection
- OXPLA 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 3165.54/injectionRs. 3165.54save 20% more per injection
- XALIPAT 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2380.95/injectionRs. 2380.95save 39% more per injection
Expert advice FOR MEGAPLAT
- Do not start oxaliplatin if your blood counts are too low or have weakness, numbness, disturbances of feeling or taste after taking oxaliplatin treatment, if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
- Take precautions as oxaliplatin may reduce the ability of your body fight infections.
- Avoid situations that may put you at risk of bleeding as oxaliplatin can reduce clot forming cells in your body.
- Take necessary precaution as oxaliplatin can make you more sensitive to cold, which can cause numbness, tingling, and muscle spasms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as oxaliplatin can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and other neurologic symptoms.
Frequently asked questions FOR MEGAPLAT
Q. Is oxaliplatin a vesicant, chemo drug, alkylating agent?
Oxaliplatin is a vesicant, chemotherapeutic drug. Oxaliplatin is not an alkylating agent it is a platinum containing antineoplastic agent
Q. Is oxaliplatin highly emetogenic, ototoxic (hearing loss), cause hair loss, infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity?
Oxaliplatin is highly emetogenic, can cause hair loss, temporary infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity. Oxaliplatin is not ototoxic
Q. How is oxaliplatin administered?
Oxaliplatin is administered as intravenous infusion or bolus injection.