Information about Oxaliplatin
Oxaliplatin is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum.
How oxaliplatin works
Oxaliplatin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells which stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of oxaliplatin
Nausea, Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Vomiting, Diarrhea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Low blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
Available Medicine for Oxaliplatin
- ₹3375 to ₹6940Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹3215 to ₹6322Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2579 to ₹4808Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1784 to ₹3490Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1322 to ₹6727Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2536 to ₹5073Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1740 to ₹3420Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2653 to ₹4293Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2380 to ₹2620Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2351 to ₹4684Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxaliplatin
- Oxaliplatin is given as an injection into veins under the supervision of a doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Oxaliplatin
Q. Is Oxaliplatin highly emetogenic, ototoxic (hearing loss), cause hair loss, infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity?
Oxaliplatin is highly emetogenic, can cause hair loss, temporary infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity. Oxaliplatin is not ototoxic
Q. Is Oxaliplatin a vesicant, chemo drug, alkylating agent?
Oxaliplatin is a vesicant, chemotherapeutic drug. Oxaliplatin is not an alkylating agent it is a platinum containing antineoplastic agent
Q. How is Oxaliplatin administered?
Oxaliplatin is administered as intravenous infusion or bolus injection.