food interaction for LORAWEL
alcohol interaction for LORAWEL
pregnancy interaction for LORAWEL
lactation interaction for LORAWEL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LORAWEL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LORAWEL
- LARPOSE 1 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 18pay 8% more per tablet
- LOPEZ 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.60/tabletRs. 16.05save 4% more per tablet
- TRAPEX 1 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.02/tabletRs. 20.16pay 21% more per tablet
- BENJ 1MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 2.02/tabletRs. 20.16pay 21% more per tablet
- LORICON 1MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 1.95/tabletRs. 19.50pay 17% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LORAWEL
- if you are allergic to benzodiazepines, or to any of the other ingredients in lorazepam tablets.
- if you are pregnant, breast feeding or planning for a baby.
- if you are addicted or have in the past addiction to any drugs or alcohol.
- if you have a personality disorder because you may have a greater chance of becoming dependent on lorazepam.
- if you are suffering from depression or had a history of depression or with suicidal thoughts.
- if you have an eye problem called glaucoma (high pressure within the eye).
Frequently asked questions for LORAWEL
Q.Is lorazepam addictive or habit forming or narcotic?
Lorazepam is addictive and habit forming, as on prolonged use, it may make you dependent such that you will not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it. It is therefore classified as a narcotic and only the exact quantity required by you will be provided by the chemist/pharmacist after producing a prescriptio
Q.Is lorazepam the same as Xanax (alprazolam) or Valium (diazepam)?
Lorazepam, Xanax (alprazolam) and Valium (diazepam) belong to the same group of drugs called benzodiazepines, but they are used for different indications
Q.Is lorazepam a muscle relaxer?
Yes. Lorazepam acts on the brain to relax muscles
Q.Is lorazepam a beta blocker or SSRI?
Lorazepam is neither a beta blocker (anti-hypertensive) or SSRI (anti-depressant); it belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines
Q.Can I take lorazepam for a long time or can I take lorazepam forever or how long can I take lorazepam or can you take lorazepam for years?
This drug should be used for only a short time. Do not take this medication for longer than 4 months without your doctor's advice
Q.Can I take lorazepam for pain?
No. Lorazepam is not a pain-relieving medication. Use it only as advised by your doctor
Q.Can you take lorazepam for anxiety?
Yes, it is used to treat anxiety
Q.Can I take lorazepam with melatonin/ Zoloft (sertraline)/ tramadol/ Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)/ Advil (ibuprofen)/ Ambien (Zolpidem)/ Wellbutrin (bupropion)/ Tylenol (paracetamol)?
Lorazepam has no known harmful interaction with Advil (ibuprofen) or Tylenol (paracetamol); hence can be taken together. Drugs like melatonin/ Zoloft (sertraline)/ tramadol/ Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)/ Ambien (Zolpidem)/ Wellbutrin (bupropion) can increase the side-effects of lorazepam, and vice verca. Please consult your doctor before taking lorazepam with any other drug
Q.Can I take lorazepam with prednisone?
Lorazepam has no known harmful interaction with prednisone, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Does lorazepam get you high?
Lorazepam enhances the action of a signaling chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain and thus produces a calming effect. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, lorazepam may also make an individual dependant such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
Q.Does lorazepam lower blood pressure?
Lorazepam itself can rarely lower blood pressure. However, it is known to potentiate the effect of medicines used to treat high blood pressure, and cause excessive lowering of blood pressure
Q.Does lorazepam make you sleepy?
Yes, excessive sleepiness and daytime drowsiness are few of the side-effects of lorazepam
Q.Does lorazepam cause erectile dysfunction?
Lorazepam can interfere with sexual function and very rarely causes erectile dysfunction (i.e. inability to achieve erection).