Information about Lorazepam
How Lorazepam works
Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Lorazepam
Dizziness, Weakness, Sedation, Balance disorder (loss of balance)
Available Medicine for Lorazepam
₹68 to ₹822 variant(s)
LopezIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹456 variant(s)
₹22 to ₹262 variant(s)
TrapexSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹23 to ₹343 variant(s)
T LorTripada Biotec Pvt Ltd
₹14 to ₹303 variant(s)
LoranzaArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹283 variant(s)
LoriconIcon Life Sciences
₹21 to ₹252 variant(s)
ProlineShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20 to ₹242 variant(s)
TexinaUnison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹18 to ₹222 variant(s)
LorelReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹213 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lorazepam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.