food interaction for LITAZITH
alcohol interaction for LITAZITH
pregnancy interaction for LITAZITH
lactation interaction for LITAZITH
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LITAZITH
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LITAZITH
- REMYCINE 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)East India Pharmaceutical Works LtdRs. 3.20/ML of suspensionRs. 48.07pay 37% more per ML of suspension
- AZIMED 250 MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.60/ML of suspensionRs. 39pay 11% more per ML of suspension
- AZIWAY 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)RKG PharmaRs. 2.67/ML of suspensionRs. 40pay 14% more per ML of suspension
- AZITA 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Zota Health care LtdRs. 2.69/ML of suspensionRs. 40.37pay 15% more per ML of suspension
- AZIMER 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.53/ML of suspensionRs. 22.96save 34% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for LITAZITH
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for LITAZITH
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.