food interaction for AZITA
alcohol interaction for AZITA
pregnancy interaction for AZITA
lactation interaction for AZITA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZITA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZITA
- REMYCINE 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)East India Pharmaceutical Works LtdRs. 3.20/ML of suspensionRs. 48.07pay 19% more per ML of suspension
- AZIMED 250 MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.60/ML of suspensionRs. 39save 3% more per ML of suspension
- AZIWAY 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)RKG PharmaRs. 2.67/ML of suspensionRs. 40save 1% more per ML of suspension
- MARKAZ 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Mark Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 1.41/ML of suspensionRs. 21.15save 48% more per ML of suspension
- STUMZ 250MG SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Avinash Health Products Pvt LtdRs. 1.83/ML of suspensionRs. 27.40save 32% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for AZITA
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZITA
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.