Information about Artemether
Artemether is used in the treatment of malaria. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
How Artemether works
Artemether is an antiparasitic medication. It works by producing harmful chemicals (free radicals) within the malarial parasite, thereby killing it.
Common side effects of Artemether
Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Muscle pain, Joint pain
Available Medicine for Artemether
ShieldE.G Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹68 to ₹872 variant(s)
LaritherIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹77 to ₹1302 variant(s)
Rezart MShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹106 to ₹1102 variant(s)
ArteoGujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd
₹34 to ₹562 variant(s)
FalcimalAbbey Health Care Pvt Ltd
RtheraxRax Health Care Pvt Ltd
MalafiAncalima Lifesciences Ltd
RmtherMandar Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹63 to ₹1082 variant(s)
BiomalBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
AlzentherAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Artemether
- Artemether should be taken with food or drinks enriched with fat such as milk.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Do not take this medicine if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, muscle pains and any changes in a heartbeat.
- You may be asked for a regular blood test once a week while taking this medicine.