Information about Artemether
Artemether is used in the treatment of malaria. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
How artemether works
Artemether acts by producing free radicals within the malarial parasite, which kills it.
Common side effects of artemether
Decreased appetite, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Cough
Available Medicine for Artemether
- ₹34 to ₹56Gujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹110Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹98Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹185Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹111Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹124Rekvina Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Unicure India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Artemether
- Take artemether tablet with food or drink rich in fat such as milk.
- Crush or chew the tablet and swallow it with a glass of water in case of young children.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking artemether because you may feel sleep.
- Do not take artemether if you have severe type of malaria infection.
- Do not take artemether if you are if you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Artemether
Q. How effective is artemether?
Artemether is effective at prescribed dose for the particular disease condition as suggested by your doctor
Q. What is artemether lumefantrine/artemether injection used for?
It is used for treating uncomplicated malaria. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. How does artemether lumefantrine work?
Artemether and lumefantrine together work by killing the malarial parasite called Plasmodium falciparum.