food interaction for LIGNOX
alcohol interaction for LIGNOX
pregnancy interaction for LIGNOX
lactation interaction for LIGNOX
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
Avoid with grapefruit juice
Avoid with grapefruit juice
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Safe during breast feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LIGNOX
It is used to numb an area of body for temporary relief of pain caused by recurrent mouth ulcers, denture irritation, anal or rectal problems. It is also used before minor surgeries as local anesthetic.
How it works
Lignox 1% injection belongs to a class of medications called local anesthetics. It works by stopping the sensation of pain by acting on peripheral nerves in the body.
Common side effects
Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Rash, Itching, Urticaria
SUBSTITUTES for LIGNOX
- OCULAN 1% INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 144.20/ML of injectionRs. 144.20pay 15940% more per ML of injection
- OCU-LIGNO 1% INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Entod Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 80.95/ML of injectionRs. 80.95pay 8904% more per ML of injection
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Pankaj SurangeMBBS
- Dr. Hari Hara DashMD
- Dr. Yogita Pilate
- Dr. Ovais Nazir
- Dr. Anutam RaiMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LIGNOX
- Do not use more quantity of lidocaine than recommended as this may culminate into excessive absorption of drug causing serious side effects, such as fits.
- Do not use this medicine in case of open wounds or damaged areas (especially in mouth) as this may result into excessive absorption of active ingredient.
- Do not give this medicine to children under the age of 12 years.
- Do not apply more frequently than every 3 hours.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
- Consult your doctor before taking lignocaine if you are pregnant or lactating.
Frequently asked questions for LIGNOX
Q. Are lidocaine, lignocaine, and xylocaine the same things?
Yes. These are all the other names for an amide type local anesthetic, lidocaine. Lidocaine acts by stopping the sensation of pain by acting on peripheral nerves in the body. It is generally available as topical gel formulation however injections are also available.
Q. Is lidocaine an opiate/ narcotic/ steroid drug/ omega 3/ nitrates/ cholesterol/ contain codeine/ sulpha?
No. Lidocaine (Lox) is an amide type local anesthetic used to relieve pain topically or by an injection. It is not an opiate narcotic, steroid, omega 3, nitrates, and cholesterol. It does not contain codeine or sulpha.
Q. Is lidocaine and Lox2 safe?
Lidocaine (also available as Lox2) is safe for usage when applied topically as instructed by a doctor. Lidocaine in injectable formulation must not be self-medicated. Always follow the doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is lidocaine a controlled substance / addictive?
No. Lidocaine is not controlled substance or addictive.
Q. Is lidocaine available over the counter?
No. It is categorized as schedule H drug in India and it is available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q. Is Lox (lidocaine) safe to eat?
No. Lidocaine should never be taken by mouth.
Q. Does lignocaine cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm?
Lignocaine is not known to cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm. However, if you experience such side effects consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take Advil/ ibuprofen/paracetamol/ Tylenol/ Vicodin/ Nyquil with lidocaine?
Lignocaine can be taken with above mentioned drugs. Consult your doctor regarding its use.