Information about Lidocaine
Lidocaine is used for local anesthesia and arrhythmias.
How lidocaine works
Lidocaine works by blocking pain signals from the nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of lidocaine
Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Rash, Itching, Urticaria
Available Medicine for Lidocaine
- ₹26 to ₹200Indoco Remedies Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹217Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹145Sunways India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹19Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹32Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹149Panbross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹28Scott Edil Pharmacia Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹38Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lidocaine
- Do not use more quantity of lidocaine than recommended as this may culminate into excessive absorption of drug causing serious side effects, such as fits.
- Do not use this medicine in case of open wounds or damaged areas (especially in mouth) as this may result into excessive absorption of active ingredient.
- Do not give this medicine to children under the age of 12 years.
- Do not apply more frequently than every 3 hours.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
- Consult your doctor before taking lignocaine if you are pregnant or lactating.
Frequently asked questions for Lidocaine
Q. Are lidocaine, lignocaine, and xylocaine the same things?
Yes. These are all the other names for an amide type local anesthetic, lidocaine. Lidocaine acts by stopping the sensation of pain by acting on peripheral nerves in the body. It is generally available as topical gel formulation however injections are also available
Q. Is lidocaine an opiate/ narcotic/ steroid drug/ omega 3/ nitrates/ cholesterol/ contain codeine/ sulpha?
No. Lidocaine (Lox) is an amide type local anesthetic used to relieve pain topically or by an injection. It is not an opiate narcotic, steroid, omega 3, nitrates, and cholesterol. It does not contain codeine or sulpha
Q. Is lidocaine and Lox2 safe?
Lidocaine (also available as Lox2) is safe for usage when applied topically as instructed by a doctor. Lidocaine in injectable formulation must not be self-medicated. Always follow the doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is lidocaine a controlled substance / addictive?
No. Lidocaine is not controlled substance or addictive
Q. Is lidocaine available over the counter?
No. It is categorized as schedule H drug in India and it is available only by prescription given by your docto
Q. Is Lox (lidocaine) safe to eat?
No. Lidocaine should never be taken by mouth
Q. Does lignocaine cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm?
Lignocaine is not known to cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm. However, if you experience such side effects consult your doctor
Q. Can I take Advil/ ibuprofen/paracetamol/ Tylenol/ Vicodin/ Nyquil with lidocaine?
Lignocaine can be taken with above mentioned drugs. Consult your doctor regarding its use.