Information about Labetalol
How labetalol works
Labetalol is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of labetalol
Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Labetalol
- ₹162 to ₹1031Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹198Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹133Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹103 to ₹295Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹142Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129 to ₹327Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹317 to ₹324Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹206Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Labetalol
- May cause dizziness in the first few days.
- Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Labetalol, and inform your doctor if it hasn't improved.
- May cause fatigue and erectile dysfunction.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar. Be careful if you're diabetic.
- Should not be discontinued abruptly as it may increase the chances of a heart attack or other heart problems.
Frequently asked questions for Labetalol
Q. Is labetalol a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive?
Labetalol is not a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive. It is a beta blocker used for reduction of blood pressure
Q. Can I take labetalol with ibuprofen/ tylenol/ benadryl/ aspirin/ tums/ paracetamol/ aleve/ Sudafed/ phentermine?
Labetalol is not known to interact with Benadryl (anti-allergy)/ tums (antacid)/ Sudafed (cough medication)/ phentermine (appetite suppressant). Labetalol is known to interact with ibuprofen (pain killer)/ tylenol (pain killer) / aspirin (pain killer)/ paracetamol/ aleve (pain killer). Labetalol interacts with a variety of drugs and hence the doctor's advice must be strictly followed on taking any drug along with it
Q. Does Labetalol cause blood sugar/weight gain/affect heart rate/insomnia/weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination?
Labetalol is known to cause blood sugar/ weight gain/ affect heart rate. It is not usually known to cause insomnia/ weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination. If any side effect is observed while on therapy with Labetalol please inform the doctor immediately.