Information about Labetalol
How labetalol works
Labetalol is an alpha and beta blocker. It lowers blood pressure by slowing heart rate and relaxing blood vessels to improve blood flow to organ.
Common side effects of labetalol
Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Labetalol
- ₹147 to ₹988Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹198Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹133Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹123 to ₹284Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹126Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹327Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹269Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹280Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹125Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Labetalol
- Do not take labetalol, if are allergic to labetalol or other beta-blockers or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking labetalol, if you are taking any other medication for high blood pressure or heart condition or other beta blockers.
- Avoid taking labetalol, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Do not take labetalol, if you are receiving a medical procedure for detection of tumors like MIBG scintigraphy.
- Avoid taking labetalol, if you have scaly pink patches on the skin (psoriasis).
- Do not drive or operate machines, if you have just begun taking labetalol or have had a change of dose, as labetalol may cause dizziness or tiredness.
Frequently asked questions for Labetalol
Q. Is labetalol a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive?
Labetalol is not a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive. It is a beta blocker used for reduction of blood pressure
Q. Can I take labetalol with ibuprofen/ tylenol/ benadryl/ aspirin/ tums/ paracetamol/ aleve/ Sudafed/ phentermine?
Labetalol is not known to interact with Benadryl (anti-allergy)/ tums (antacid)/ Sudafed (cough medication)/ phentermine (appetite suppressant). Labetalol is known to interact with ibuprofen (pain killer)/ tylenol (pain killer) / aspirin (pain killer)/ paracetamol/ aleve (pain killer). Labetalol interacts with a variety of drugs and hence the doctor's advice must be strictly followed on taking any drug along with it
Q. Does Labetalol cause blood sugar/weight gain/affect heart rate/insomnia/weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination?
Labetalol is known to cause blood sugar/ weight gain/ affect heart rate. It is not usually known to cause insomnia/ weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination. If any side effect is observed while on therapy with Labetalol please inform the doctor immediately.