Information about Carvedilol
Carvedilol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), Angina (heart-related chest pain) and Heart failure.
How carvedilol works
Carvedilol is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of carvedilol
Decreased blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Carvedilol
- ₹34 to ₹169Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹209Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹127Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹127Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹105Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹68Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹63Micro Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹70Shrrishti Health Care Products Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹44Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹49Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Carvedilol
- It should be taken with food.
- Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Carvedilol, and inform your doctor if it has not improved.
- Carvedilol may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It is best to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Carvedilol as it may make the side effects worse.
- Do not stop taking Carvedilol suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Frequently asked questions for Carvedilol
Q. Does Carvedilol cause weight gain?
Carvedilol usually does not cause weight gain. However, it may cause some weight gain when you first start taking this medicine.
Q. Will the use of Carvedilol affect my fertility?
Carvedilol is not know to affect fertility in males or females. However, talk to your doctor if you are facing fertility issues while taking this medicine.
Q. Does Carvedilol cause headaches?
Yes, Carvedilol can cause headache when you first start taking this medicine. However, this headache may be temporary and it will go away with time. Consult your doctor if your headache doesn't seem to go away.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Carvedilol?
If you are taking Carvedilol for high blood pressure then your blood pressure will get into your normal range within 2 hours, and it may take 1 week to show its full effects. However, if you are taking Carvedilol for angina or heart failure, it may take several weeks or months to make you feel better.
Q. Is there any food or drink I need to avoid?
You eat and drink normally while taking Carvedilol. However, making lifestyle changes like stop smoking, eating healthy food and exercising regularly can further give a boost to your health.
Q. Do I need to avoid playing sports while taking Carvedilol?
You can continue playing sports while taking Carvedilol. Exercising regularly can help you in controlling your blood pressure. However, do not over do it or push yourself too hard while exercising or playing sports.