Medicine Overview of Lefno Tablet
Uses of Lefno Tablet
Lefno 5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Side effects of Lefno Tablet
Nausea, Headache, Dyspepsia, Rash, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Respiratory tract infection.
How to use Lefno Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Lefno 5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Lefno Tablet works
Lefno 5mg tablet blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain autoimmune diseases. It suppresses the underlying disease process, rather than simply treating the disease.
In Depth Information on Lefno Tablet
Expert advice for Lefno Tablet
- Do not drive or operate machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with leflunomide.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have a kidney, liver, blood or lung problem; have low level of proteins in blood (hypoproteinemia), low level of any blood cells, or suffering from any disease with lowered immunity like tuberculosis or AIDS.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have intolerance to some sugars because this medicine contains lactose (a type of sugar).
- Do not take leflunomide, if you are going to receive any live vaccine; or if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), widespread peeling of the superficial layers of the skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis),or drug reaction with eosinophilia and systematic symptoms (DRESS).
- Avoid using leflunomide, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Lefno 5mg Tablet
Taking Leflunomide with alcohol may cause liver problems.
Lefno 5mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Lefno 5mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lefno 5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Lefno 5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lefno 5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Lefno 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with+more
liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Troykcl 1.5gm Injection, Cerona 0.5mg Tablet, Gli 2mg Tablet, Glisen 1mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Leflunomide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lefno 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Leflunomide
No, Lefno is not an NSAID, blood thinner or chemotherapeutic agent. It is an immunosuppressant anti-rheumatic drug
Q. Can I take Tylenol (acetaminophen), or ibuprofen with leflunomide, or Arava?
You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen with leflunomide or Arava which is brand name of leflunomide
Q. Does Lefno cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, nausea, cancer, fatigue, or weight gain?
Lefno may cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, and nausea (urge to vomit), but it is not known to cause weight gain, fatigue or cancer
Yes, Lefno is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Substitutes for Lefno
No substitutes found for this medicine