food interaction for LAMITOR
alcohol interaction for LAMITOR
pregnancy interaction for LAMITOR
lactation interaction for LAMITOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LAMITOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LAMITOR 100 MG OD TABLET
Patients taking LAMITOR 100 MG OD TABLET
- 71%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
- 6%Thrice A Day
- 5%Thrice A week
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LAMITOR
- LAMEZ 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.40/tabletRs. 134save 30% more per tablet
- LAMOSYN 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175save 9% more per tablet
- LAMEZ OD 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 21.10/tabletRs. 211pay 10% more per tablet
- LAMEPIL 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 14.80/tabletRs. 148save 23% more per tablet
- LAMOKEM OD 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 16.80/tabletRs. 168save 12% more per tablet
- Dr. Susant Kumar BhuyanMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Joy Dev MukherjiMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LAMITOR
- Do not start lamotrigine and consult your doctor if have kidney problems, Parkinson’s disease (movement disorder) have had rash or meningitis after taking lamotrigine or any medicines for epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
- Ask for medical advice if you get suicidal thoughts, frequency of fits increases or worsens, or if you suffer from allergic reaction, life-threatening skin reaction, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious, widespread, allergic reaction with a rash involving the skin and internal lining of the organs), extensive peeling of skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis), ulcers in mouth, throat or genitals, sore mouth, red or swollen eyes, high temperature, flu like symptoms, drowsiness, swelling around face, swollen glands in neck, unexpected bleeding or bruising, sore throat, increased liver enzymes, increased white blood cells, reduced red blood cells, enlarged lymph after taking lamotrigine.
- Lamotrigine is not a recommended treatment for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you feel well as lamotrigine can cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking lamotrigine until your doctor advises to do so and do not stop it abruptly.
Frequently asked questions for LAMITOR
Q.Is lamotrigine safe or dangerous?
Lamotrigine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is lamotrigine a narcotic, benzo, antipsychotic, depression?
Lamotrigine is not narcotic, benzo. Lamotrigine can be used to treat psychosis and depression
Q.Is lamotrigine a benzodiazepine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor?
Lamotrigine is not a benzodiazepine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q.Is lamotrigine the same as Lamictal?
Lamictal is the brand name of lamotrigine
Q.Can lamotrigine be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), paracetamol (Tylenol), alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, Nyquil, Benadryl or Mucinex?
Lamotrigine when taken with ibuprofen, benadryl, tramadol, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, alprazolam, gabapentin, Nyquil or guaifenesin (Mucinex) can lead to increased side effect
Q.Does lamotrigine get you high, cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction or tremors?
Lamotrigine can cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and tremors.