Information about Clobazam
How clobazam works
Clobazam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of clobazam
Tiredness, Sleepiness, Slurred speech, Fever, Cough, Drooling, Constipation, Difficulty in urination, Aggressive behavior, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Breathing problems
Available Medicine for Clobazam
- ₹49 to ₹295Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹202Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹285Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹95Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹95Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹92Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹125Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹120Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹115Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹87La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clobazam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- If you have been taking this medicine for a long time, regular monitoring of blood and liver functions may be required.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, and muscle pain.
- If you are taking Clobazam for the treatment of anxiety, it should not be used more than 4 weeks.
- Clobazam helps treat seizures and severe anxiety.
- It may be habit-forming with long-term use. Do not take more than prescribed.
- It may cause dizziness and muscle weakness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice sores or blisters on your skin, lips, or inside your mouth.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase seizure frequency.
Frequently asked questions for Clobazam
Q. Is Clobazam/ frisium a benzodiazepine or narcotic or a controlled drug or sedative or addictive?
Clobazam.s benzodiazepine and controlled drug (addictive), but not a narcotic substance and doesn't cause addiction
Q. Is Clobazam FDA approved?
It is approved by FDA
Q. Is Clobazamthe same as Valium?
Both of this drugs belongs a to a class called benzodiazepine, but their effects are different
Q. Is Clobazam safe?
Clobazam is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Clobazam cause weight gain/ make you sleepy or tired?
Clobazam may cause weight gain,make you feel sleepy or dizzy, especially when you first start treatment. Contact your doctor if you develop such symptom
Q. Does Clobazam get you high?
Yes. But do not use this medicine without prescription as this medicine has potential for abuse with many side effects.