Information about Clobazam
How clobazam works
Clobazam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of clobazam
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Fatigue, Uncoordinated body movements, Slurred speech, Memory impairment, Headache, Dry mouth, Constipation, Depression, Irritability
Available Medicine for Clobazam
- ₹51 to ₹259Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹194Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹185Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹88Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹120Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹88Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹125Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹72Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹143Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹89Icon Life Sciences2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clobazam
- If you are taking Clobazam for the treatment of insomnia and anxiety, it should not be used more than 4 weeks.
- It may become less effective over the time.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Clobazam, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of Clobazam is very high.
Frequently asked questions for Clobazam
Q. Is Clobazam/ frisium a benzodiazepine or narcotic or a controlled drug or sedative or addictive?
Clobazam.s benzodiazepine and controlled drug (addictive), but not a narcotic substance and doesn't cause addiction
Q. Is Clobazam FDA approved?
It is approved by FDA
Q. Is Clobazamthe same as Valium?
Both of this drugs belongs a to a class called benzodiazepine, but their effects are different
Q. Is Clobazam safe?
Clobazam is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Clobazam cause weight gain/ make you sleepy or tired?
Clobazam may cause weight gain,make you feel sleepy or dizzy, especially when you first start treatment. Contact your doctor if you develop such symptom
Q. Does Clobazam get you high?
Yes. But do not use this medicine without prescription as this medicine has potential for abuse with many side effects.