food interaction for LAMIHOPE
alcohol interaction for LAMIHOPE
pregnancy interaction for LAMIHOPE
lactation interaction for LAMIHOPE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LAMIHOPE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LAMIHOPE
- LAMIVIR 150 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.11/tabletRs. 101.06pay 13% more per tablet
- HEPTAVIR 150 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 7.75/tabletRs. 77.50save 14% more per tablet
- LAVIR 150MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.40/tabletRs. 564pay 5% more per tablet
- RETROLAM 150MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.18/tabletRs. 91.80pay 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for LAMIHOPE
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Frequently asked questions for LAMIHOPE
Q.Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Q.Can lamivudine be crushed?
Lamivudine cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Q.Can lamivudine cause anemia?
Lamivudine may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.