Information about Lamivudine
How Lamivudine works
Lamivudine is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of Lamivudine
Headache, Nausea, Fever, Diarrhea, Weakness, Cough, Runny nose
Available Medicine for Lamivudine
₹122 to ₹1432 variant(s)
HeptavirHetero Drugs Ltd
₹80 to ₹903 variant(s)
LavirEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
HepitecGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
RetrolamAlkem Laboratories Ltd
EpivirGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LamihopeMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
TapivirTaj Pharma India Ltd
₹99 to ₹1372 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lamivudine
- You have been prescribed Lamivudine for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Lamivudine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.