Information about Lamivudine
How lamivudine works
Lamivudine is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of lamivudine
Headache, Nausea, Fever, Diarrhea, Weakness, Cough, Runny nose
Available Medicine for Lamivudine
- ₹122 to ₹131Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹91Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹598Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹565Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1350Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹138Shantha Biotech2 variant(s)
- ₹124Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹81Taj Pharma India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹538Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lamivudine
- You have been prescribed Lamivudine for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Lamivudine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.
Frequently asked questions for Lamivudine
Q. Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Q. Can Lamivudine be crushed?
Lamivudine cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Q. Can Lamivudine cause anemia?
Lamivudine may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.