Interferon Alpha 2A
Interferon Alpha 2A is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B and C.
How it works
Interferon Alpha 2A belongs to a class of medicines called immunomodulators. It modifies body’s immune response against infections and reduces amount of virus in the body.
Common side effects
Abdominal pain, Anxiety, Joint pain, Change in body weight, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Hair loss, Headache, Impaired concentration, Itching, Decreased white blood cell count, Muscle pain, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Chills, Nausea, Fever
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
• Use effective contraception while on therapy.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop symptoms associated with depression, change in your vision or respiratory infection.
• You will regularly monitored to check for changes in your blood cell count, liver function, glucose (blood sugar levels) or changes in other laboratory values.
• It should not be given to patients with known allergy to Interferon alpha 2A or any of its ingredients.
• Interferon alpha 2A should not be given to patients with autoimmune hepatitis, cirrhosis.
• Interferon alpha 2A should not be given to newborn babies.