food interaction for LABETROY
alcohol interaction for LABETROY
pregnancy interaction for LABETROY
lactation interaction for LABETROY
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LABETROY
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LABETROY
- LOBET 20 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 49.38/ML of injectionRs. 197.50save 29% more per ML of injection
- LABLOL 20 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 81.62/ML of injectionRs. 326.50pay 17% more per ML of injection
- LABIL 20MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 67.31/ML of injectionRs. 269.25save 4% more per ML of injection
- GRAVIDOL 20 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 70.98/ML of injectionRs. 283.91pay 1% more per ML of injection
- TALOBET 20MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Molekule India Pvt LtdRs. 70/ML of injectionRs. 280same price
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for LABETROY
- Labetalol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Labetalol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Labetalol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Labetalol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for LABETROY
Q.Is labetalol a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive?
Labetalol is not a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive. It is a beta blocker used for reduction of blood pressure
Q.Can I take labetalol with ibuprofen/ tylenol/ benadryl/ aspirin/ tums/ paracetamol/ aleve/ Sudafed/ phentermine?
Labetalol is not known to interact with Benadryl (anti-allergy)/ tums (antacid)/ Sudafed (cough medication)/ phentermine (appetite suppressant). Labetalol is known to interact with ibuprofen (pain killer)/ tylenol (pain killer) / aspirin (pain killer)/ paracetamol/ aleve (pain killer). Labetalol interacts with a variety of drugs and hence the doctor's advice must be strictly followed on taking any drug along with it
Q.Does labetalol cause blood sugar/weight gain/affect heart rate/insomnia/weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination?
Labetalol is known to cause blood sugar/ weight gain/ affect heart rate. It is not usually known to cause insomnia/ weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination. If any side effect is observed while on therapy with labetalol please inform the doctor immediately.