Medicine Overview of Kucil Injection
Kucil 500 mg Injection is used in the treatment of breast cancer
Side Effects of Kucil are Increased risk of infection, Mouth ulcer, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Blisters on fingers / feet, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Diarrhoea.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Kucil 500 mg Injection is an anticancer medication. It works by interfering with the growth of genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
In Depth Information on Kucil Injection
- Both, women of childbearing potential and men must use appropriate contraception during treatment with fluorouracil and for 6 months after stopping it.
- Men should seek advice on the conservation of sperm due to the possibility of irreversible infertility due to using fluorouracil.
- For topical application, wash hands carefully before and after use. Avoid contact with mucous membranes, eyes, eyelids, nostrils, mouth, and on open cuts when applying the cream.
- Topical use of fluorouracil may make the treated area become red, followed by inflammation/swelling, along with some discomfort and skin erosion followed by eventual healing. This is the expected normal response to the treatment and shows that fluorouracil is working. However, if symptoms worsen, talk to your doctor.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or other forms of ultraviolet irradiation during topical fluorouracil treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as fluorouracil may affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Kucil Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kucil 500 mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Kucil 500 mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Kucil 500 mg Injection can cause side effects such as nausea and can also produce adverse events on your nervous system which cause visual changes.This may affect your ability to drive.
Kucil 500 mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Kucil 500 mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Kucil 500 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Kucil 500 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Kucil Injection
Q. Is fluorouracil a vesicant?
No, fluorouracil is not a vesicant (irritant)
Fluorouracil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is fluorouracil a steroid?
No, flurouracil is not a steroid
Q. Is fluorouracil cream chemotherapy?
Fluorouracil is used as chemotherapy for the treatment of cancers
Q. Is fluorouracil cream for warts?
Yes, fluorouracil is used for the treatment of warts
Q. Is fluorouracil the same as efudex?
Efudex is a brand name (trade name) for fluorouracil
Q. Does fluorouracil affect normal skin?
Fluorouracil has minimal effect on the surrounding healthy skin
Q. Does fluorouracil cause hair loss?
Yes, fluorouracil may cause temporary hair loss
Q. Does fluorouracil cause scarring?
No, fluorouracil is not known to cause scarring
Q. Does fluorouracil cause headaches?
Though headache is not a common side effect of fluorouracil, it may occur uncommonly is some
Q. Why does fluorouracil cause fatigue?
As with any chemotherapy for cancer, fluorouracil causes fatigue which is attributed to be of multi-factor origin, but inflammation and anemia are thought to be the most important factors.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Kucil 500mg Injection: USF, BLS, NSL, STS, TOM, EPS, SDM, PRC, AVS, AYU, AYM, ZEL, HGI, EAN, CLT, PPR, OIP, EEC, BHM, SDE, OWP, NXG, VOP, SVH, TAT, BAP, HSM, RHL, GLM, HTS, LHP, ALC, ZVP, SGC, CRN, PLT, RUS, SLN, BGS, NDP, BNA, HCP, AMR, SRG, SCH, ASP, NVY, JHC, ENP, GPP, ATP, BTM, BHS, NVL, GPT, BHP, LMS, NNP, GMA, VNS, SWA, SGH, MSD, YMI, SHC, INC, HNP, JJE, AMH, MAX, BBN, VSC, EMB, HSP, KIS, DGN, MKT, SJP, KHC, PTP, ESY, GHR, KLC, HWI, JIV, MAK, EQN, KHD, UHP, PTI, BAL, DFP, SAF, JSL, LCC, AWS, RPI, DZY, HPP, SSA, LHA, BDN, TRP, DHP, AAY, GTK, NTL, BIO, RGH, ABP, HPC, AVL, RDR, EVP, 4IT, VHP, HAT, AYN, MLC, HBV, BRC, MDH, PHC, STA, APS, JBT, TSS, AFT, NAS, KHH, ARD, RDH, OBS, HEX, HLT, HMP, WPL, TFP, AAR, ANP, BHA, ANT, PRN, BNT, RKS, SPD, RSS, MAM, VSL, RPP, ATL, MDO, SWT, RHW, DYG, MAP, DLP, BDI, 9MM, SNG, SSS, DYL, SBL, PNT, SYN, GNC, CPK, MBP, HIP, DAO, CHP, SMN, GTC, VDH, PWN, HZF, MPC, BLP, MKS, GBL, DPP, KMC, OHM, ZPR, VRS, IAD, PRT, VJS, UMP, SSI, KNH, NEO, CMC, QLF, RWP, SMS, WHL, FGH, PVP, GEO, SHD, WAD, VTR, DRA, WSI, AGT, DHR, DPL, IMC, XMX, PHN, OLT, PMA, SCP, AVB, THP, BMJ, JVO, BLE, RSA, BBS, GLD, 1MH, BSN, FRM, UVD, BJP, QTM, NTB, DVH, SBA, IPL, PRL, AXM, SNH, SWP, GDA, SVS, JVN