Information about Fluorouracil
Fluorouracil is used in the treatment of cancer.
How Fluorouracil works
Fluorouracil is an anticancer medication. It works by interfering with the growth of genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
Common side effects of Fluorouracil
Nausea, Vomiting, Hair loss, Diarrhea, Bronchospasm, Infection, Myelosuppression, Agranulocytosis (deficiency of granulocytes in the blood), General discomfort, Itching, Skin exfoliation, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Febrile neutropenia, Angina (heart related chest pain), ECG changes, Decreased immunity
Available Medicine for Fluorouracil
FlonidaA. Menarini India Pvt Ltd
₹111 to ₹2672 variant(s)
FluracilBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹11 to ₹242 variant(s)
5FU CbcChandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
FloracCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹11 to ₹212 variant(s)
5 FlucelCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹12 to ₹1072 variant(s)
ChemofluraNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹10 to ₹272 variant(s)
KucilKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹202 variant(s)
OncoflourUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹13 to ₹222 variant(s)
FluoWest-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
FivocilAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹11 to ₹202 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluorouracil
- Fluorouracil helps treat cancers of stomach, colon, rectum, breast, and lungs.
- It is given as an injection into a vein, or as a drip (infusion) into a vein or artery.
- The dose and the number of treatment cycles needed will depend on the type and stage of cancer that is being treated.
- It may cause dizziness and visual changes. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood cells and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.