food interaction for KITPENEM
alcohol interaction for KITPENEM
pregnancy interaction for KITPENEM
lactation interaction for KITPENEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KITPENEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KITPENEM
- MEROTROL 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 988/injectionRs. 988pay 22% more per injection
- MEROMAC 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 592/injectionRs. 592save 27% more per injection
- MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 502.06/injectionRs. 502.06save 38% more per injection
- MEROSURE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 600/injectionRs. 600save 26% more per injection
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for KITPENEM
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for KITPENEM
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.