food interaction for KETOSTERIL
alcohol interaction for KETOSTERIL
pregnancy interaction for KETOSTERIL
lactation interaction for KETOSTERIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The potential benefits may outweigh the risks. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KETOSTERILMethionine(600 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KETOSTERIL
- KETOSTERIL TABLET(100 tablets in packet)Fresenius Kabi India Pvt LtdRs. 34.90/tabletRs. 3490same price
Expert advice for KETOSTERIL
- Tell your doctor if you are have liver disorder, mental disorder such as schizophrenia, taking levodopa for Parkinsonism or taking any other medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as methionine can cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do take if allergic to methionine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having metabolic acidosis. (A condition in which body is not able to keep correct balance between acids and alkalis in the blood).
- Patients with more than 10 hours of paracetamol overdose.
Frequently asked questions for KETOSTERIL
Q. Is methionine an essential amino acid?
Yes. It is classified as essential amino acid since it is obtained from dietary sources and cannot be synthesized in body.
Q. Is methionine safe?
Methionine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q. Does methionine causes cancer or diarrhea?
No. Within safe dose range it does not cause cancer or diarrhea.