Medicine Overview of KANCIN INJECTION
Side effects of KANCIN INJECTION
Pain, Diarrhoea, Headache, Hearing loss, Injection site swelling, Nausea, Renal injury, Vomiting.
How to use KANCIN INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How KANCIN INJECTION works
Kancin 500mg injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on KANCIN INJECTION
Expert advice for KANCIN INJECTION
- Before taking kanamycin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have kidney disease, asthma or sulfite allergy, or a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis or are an elderly with neuromuscular disorder.
- Continue using kanamycin for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days. This will help clear your infection completely.
- Kanamycin may cause dizziness which can aggravate with alcohol use. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to kanamycin.
- Stop using this medicine if you have a serious side effect such as hearing loss, ringing in your ears, spinning sensation, problems with balance, numbness or tingling, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions), or urinating less than usual or not at all.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using kanamycin.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, will be required to monitor your therapy. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for KANCIN 500MG INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kancin 500mg injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Kancin 500mg injection is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE, TENOF 300MG TABLET, LASIX 40MG/4ML INJECTION, OSTEOMET INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for KANCIN 500MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Kanamycin
Q. Is kanamycin bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Kanamycin is a bactericidal (that kills the bacteria) drug
Q. Is kanamycin heat stable or heat sensitive, light sensitive or does it degrade?
Kanamycin is heat stable, sensitive to light and it can degrade
Q. Does kanamycin kill yeast/e-coli/bacteria/cells/plants?
Kanamycin is mainly used against gram negative bacteria
Q. Is kanamycin a tetracycline?
No. Kanamycin is not a tetracycline. It belongs to a group of medicines called aminoglycosides
Q. Is kanamycin injurious to ears (ototoxic)?
Yes. Kanamycin is injurious to ears. Tell your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms related to your ears
Q. How does kanamycin resistance gene work?
The kanamycin resistance gene has natural origins and is found in Streptomyces Kanamyceticus, a bacteria that is able to produce an enzyme that breaks down the kanamycin antibiotic before the antibiotic can destroy the bacteria.