Medicine Overview of Kancin Injection
Side effects of Kancin Injection
Pain, Diarrhoea, Headache, Hearing loss, Injection site swelling, Nausea, Renal injury, Vomiting.
How to use Kancin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Kancin Injection works
Kancin 1gm injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Kancin Injection
Expert advice for Kancin Injection
- Before taking kanamycin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have kidney disease, asthma or sulfite allergy, or a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis or are an elderly with neuromuscular disorder.
- Continue using kanamycin for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days. This will help clear your infection completely.
- Kanamycin may cause dizziness which can aggravate with alcohol use. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to kanamycin.
- Stop using this medicine if you have a serious side effect such as hearing loss, ringing in your ears, spinning sensation, problems with balance, numbness or tingling, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions), or urinating less than usual or not at all.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using kanamycin.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, will be required to monitor your therapy. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Kancin 1gm Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kancin 1gm Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Kancin 1gm Injection is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Kancin 1gm Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Kancin 1gm Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tacsant 0.5mg Capsule, Tenof 300mg Tablet, Lasix 40mg/4ml Injection, Osteomet Injection
Frequently asked questions for Kancin 1gm Injection
Frequently asked questions for Kanamycin
Kancin is a bactericidal (that kills the bacteria) drug
Kancin is heat stable, sensitive to light and it can degrade
Kancin is mainly used against gram negative bacteria
Q. Is kanamycin a tetracycline?
No. Kanamycin is not a tetracycline. It belongs to a group of medicines called aminoglycosides
Yes. Kancin is injurious to ears. Tell your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms related to your ears
The Kancin resistance gene has natural origins and is found in Streptomyces Kanamyceticus, a bacteria that is able to produce an enzyme that breaks down the Kancin antibiotic before the antibiotic can destroy the bacteria.
Substitutes for Kancin Injection
Kanamac 1gm Injection
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7.77/ml of Injection