food interaction for KAICEF S
alcohol interaction for KAICEF S
pregnancy interaction for KAICEF S
lactation interaction for KAICEF S
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KAICEF S
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KAICEF S
- FORTUM 1 GM INJECTION(1 GM injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 258.19/GM of injectionRs. 258.19pay 107% more per GM of injection
- TAZID 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23.19/ML of injectionRs. 231.94save 81% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 220.07/ML of injectionRs. 220.07pay 76% more per ML of injection
- FORTACEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 265/injectionRs. 265pay 112% more per injection
- STEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 276.20/injectionRs. 276.20pay 121% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for KAICEF S
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for KAICEF S
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.