Information about Ceftazidime
Ceftazidime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Ceftazidime works
Ceftazidime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Ceftazidime
Diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Rash, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftazidime
TazidAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹61 to ₹2124 variant(s)
FortumGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹73 to ₹7424 variant(s)
CefazidBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹60 to ₹1923 variant(s)
MegazidMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹58 to ₹2123 variant(s)
TazimideCachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
OrzidOrchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹55 to ₹2753 variant(s)
ForzidUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹193 to ₹5222 variant(s)
SpectrazidApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹66 to ₹2032 variant(s)
Fortum ESGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FortacefTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹100 to ₹2122 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftazidime
- Your doctor has prescribed Ceftazidime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ceftazidime as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Ceftazidime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.