food interaction for FORTACEF
alcohol interaction for FORTACEF
pregnancy interaction for FORTACEF
lactation interaction for FORTACEF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FORTACEF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FORTACEF
- FORTUM 1 GM INJECTION(1 GM injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 258.19/GM of injectionRs. 258.19save 3% more per GM of injection
- TAZID 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23.19/ML of injectionRs. 231.94save 91% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 220.07/ML of injectionRs. 220.07save 17% more per ML of injection
- STEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 276.20/injectionRs. 276.20pay 4% more per injection
- FOTARAN 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 240/injectionRs. 240save 9% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for FORTACEF
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FORTACEF
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.