food interaction for IVIMICIN
alcohol interaction for IVIMICIN
pregnancy interaction for IVIMICIN
lactation interaction for IVIMICIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for IVIMICIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for IVIMICIN
- MIKACIN 100 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.85/ML of injectionRs. 19.70pay 8% more per ML of injection
- AMIKAMAC 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.50/ML of injectionRs. 21pay 15% more per ML of injection
- MACMIKA 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.50/ML of injectionRs. 21pay 15% more per ML of injection
- AMICIN 100 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 19/injectionRs. 19pay 108% more per injection
- OMNIKACIN 100 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 12.50/ML of injectionRs. 25pay 37% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for IVIMICIN
- If you have a kidney problem, or hearing difficulties or tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for IVIMICIN
Q.Is amikacin sulfa, penicillin or an aminoglycoside drug?
Amikacin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a semisynthetic aminoglycoside
Q.Is amikacin dialyzable?
Yes, amikacin is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is amikacin ototoxic?
Yes, amikacin is ototoxic
Q.Is its injection painful?
Its injection is painful. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does amikacin need to be refrigerated?
Amikacin should be stored at or below 25°C. It should not be frozen
Q.What organisms does amikacin cover?
Amikacin is mainly effective against aerobic gram-negative bacteria such as pseudomonas as well as some gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus including methicillin-resistant strains but it is not the drug of choice for infections due to staphylococcus bacteria.