Medicine Overview of Imupeg Injection
Uses of Imupeg Injection
Imupeg 6mg Injection is used to prevent infections after chemotherapy.
Side effects of Imupeg Injection
Bone pain, Joint pain, Headache, Nausea, Reduced blood platelets, Muscle pain, Back pain, Pain in extremity, Injection site pain.
How to use Imupeg Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Imupeg Injection works
Imupeg 6mg injection is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. These cells protect the body against infections. .
In Depth Information on Imupeg Injection
Expert advice for Imupeg Injection
- Avoid traveling, driving or operating machinery for about 30 hours following application of the on-body injector (a small device stuck to your body to assist administration of pegfilgrastim).
- You should be frequently examined for complete blood count (including differential white cell and platelet count) and spleen size during treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain in the left upper abdomen or shoulder after receiving pegfilgrastim, this may indicate development of a serious side effect associated with spleen (spleen rupture).
- Discontinue pegfilgrastim if you develop fever, any signs or symptoms of infection, rash, flushing, dizziness or shortness of breath and severe lung injury along with migration of neutrophils into the lungs (acute respiratory distress).
- Tell your doctor if you have sickle cell anemia, if you are allergic to latex or had severe skin reactions to acrylic adhesives before receiving pegfilgrastim.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Imupeg 6mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Imupeg 6mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Imupeg 6mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Imupeg 6mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Imupeg 6mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Imupeg 6mg Injection is recommended....
There is limited information available on the use of Imupeg+more
6mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Pegfilgrastim, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Imupeg 6mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pegfilgrastim
Q. Is pegfilgrastim a chemo drug/ What is pegfilgrastim injection/ How is pegfilgrastim given?
Pegfilgrastim belongs to a class of medications called colony stimulating factors. It helps reduce the chances of infections and side effects related to chemotherapy and does not directly treat cancer. Pegfilgrastim comes as a solution (liquid) to inject subcutaneously (under the skin), 24 hours after chemotherapy. It may be injected by a doctor/nurse in a hospital or you may be shown how to use injections at home
Q. How does pegfilgrastim work?
Pegfilgrastim belongs to a class of medications called colony stimulating factors. It acts on hematopoietic cells (cells in the bone marrow that produce red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets) to increase production of neutrophils (a type of white blood cell) in the body.
User Submitted Feedback For Imupeg 6mg Injection
Patients taking Imupeg 6mg Injection
Once A Day
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Infections after chemotherapy
Survey Participants: 4
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Imupeg 6mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Imupeg Injection
Peggrafeel 6mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹9815.0/ml of Injection
Pegstim 6mg Injection
₹10990.0/ml of Injection
Pegg Trust 6mg Injection
Panacea Biotec Ltd
₹12030.0/ml of Injection
Pegex 6mg Injection
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8500.0/ml of Injection
Lupifil P 6mg Injection
₹8504.76/ml of Injection