Information about Cladribine
Cladribine is used in the treatment of hairy cell leukemia.
How cladribine works
Cladribine interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of cladribine
Nausea, Fatigue, Headache, Rash, Fever, Injection site allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cladribine
- ₹12182Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cladribine
- Cladribine helps treat hairy cell leukaemia.
- It is given by a drip into a vein.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.
Frequently asked questions for Cladribine
Q. Is Cladribine a vesicant?
Cladribine is not a vesicant (a chemical compound that causes severe skin, eye and mucosal pain and irritation)
Q. Is Cladribine FDA approved?
Yes, Cladribine was approved by US FDA in 2004 to treat hairy cell leukemia (type of white blood cell cancer)
Q. Does Cladribine cause hair loss?
No, Cladribine does not cause hair loss.